Confession: I am grumpy. I have not really written on this blog for almost a whole month because of my grumps. It’s actually worse than grumps but I don’t really want to hang my dirty laundry. I don’t feel like being a downer. I’ll just say I have some, it stinks, and am tired of it. So I’ll make light of it here and hopefully I’ll be back to my ol’ blogging self some time soon. In the mean time, I’ll share my opinions on some non-pressing matters:
1. Gentleman Broncos is a gaggy movie. I don’t recommend it (way too much body fluids, not enough Jermain).
2. I wonder about people who take professional pictures of themselves with their pet. Please don’t misunderstand me here. Couples and their pets – fine. Couples with children and their pets- also fine. Child/Children with the pet – even more fine. But a grown up person who goes and gets a professional shot of themselves and just their pet- not fine. Even if done with irony. I want to cry for them and yet I also want slap them across the face.
3. My feet have been consistently cold for the past 6 months. It’s getting warmer and my feet are still freezing. Explain.
4. I think too much about body language. But not with other people, only with myself. When I am talking to someone and notice that my arms are crossed, I remember that this sometimes sends a negative message and so I slowly try to unfold my arms and hope that the person I’m talking to doesn’t notice. Weird, I know.
5. I’m going to eat the frozen Snickers ice cream bar in my fridge right now with no regrets. I’ve decided that when I do eat junky food like that and think “I’m going to regret this” then I ‘m just being stupid. Why beat myself up when I’m going to eat it anyway? I’ll just run like hell tomorrow. No regrets.
This was random and negative and totally represents how I’m feeling right now. Goodnight.
***photo by peeklondon on flickr
This week the air breathed a trace of Spring, and there are more birds crackling outside my window, and my toes are defrosting, and I’m finally wrapping my brain around some organizing, and my son is practicing the moon walk at this very moment. I need to write these things down….so that I see them….. and stop being so crusty.