So, I’ve learned a few things about myself in the past couple months.
1- I have great ideas. It’s true. Put me in your think tank. I’m brilliant. But put me on a project, and my enthusiasm fizzles. Sooooooo, as much as I hate to say it, I am a starter, not a finisher.
2. I used to believe that my reason for #1 was that I was a “star-chaser”. I thought I was way too interested in too many things. But it’s not that. Turns out, I’m a perfectionist.
3. I know right? La, a perfectionist? No. But it’s true. I want the outcome to match the idea in my head, and if it doesn’t, then I give up.
4. Now that I’m aware of this quirk, I am able to move forward.
5. I’ve also learned that, when I want to, I can be pretty mean. And the reverse, when I try reeeeeeeeeeeally hard.
6. Even though I’ve never read the book all the way through, my “Love Language” is WORDS. That’s what I think anyway. The problem with that is I will take people at their word and believe them and end up in situations where if you looked up “Gullible” in the dictionary, you’d see my picture (and, no, that joke never gets old).
7. And one last line-up of minor things I see in myself: It also turns out that I’m a control-freak. I had no idea. I hate punctuation and grammar nazis even though I once taught high school English. I sometimes imagine punching people in the face more often than any mild-mannered woman should. And not only do I hate cats, but I hate “cat people” (targets of my imagined face-punching).
I’m glad I could get this off my chest. Thanks.
************** photo of Catherine Deneuve from villainouslyvintage.wordpress.com
Post edit: I’m aware that I sound pretty grumpy, please don’t take this to heart. I don’t imagine punching people all that much.